How To Use Herman's Amazing Hair Color
Think of it as a way to try out new or vivid colours that last about six to eight weeks. Our semi-permanent hair dyes only colour the outer layer of the hair, there is no ammonia or hydrogen peroxide in them.
The dye your hair won’t die for!
What Hermann’s Amazing hair colour WILL do: it will leave you with a unique colour that nourishes your hair at the same time. Since the colour will eventually fade out, you can switch your look from Rosie Gold to Tammy Turquoise to Fiona Fire and back in no time. And, if you have stayed away from semi-permanent hair dyes in fear of noticeable fade-out, don’t worry!
The awesome thing is that there’s no spottiness.
After ten or so shampoos it just fades into a lighter shade nicely and evenly.
Pre-lighten your hair to the optimum level for your chosen colour, we recommend reducing heating tools a week before bleaching. Heat tools damage hair, and bleach is already going to be hard on it. Hair that is natural, not treated, is healthier and will suffer less from bleach.
1. Comb your hair (Combing your hair before bleach helps you to apply everything more evenly and smoothly)
2. Bleach your hair to the optimum level for your chosen colour.
3. Wash off bleach and dry your hair. If your hair is too yellow, use some purple or blue toner\shampoo that can help neutralize the yellow into white. Apply and leave it in for 5-10 minutes. That is important for hair colours so the yellowness won't turn the hair colour into a different undertone.
4. Do a strand test of the hair colour to ensure you are happy with results before proceeding.
5. Apply a thick layer of hair colour and massage it gently into your hair.
6. Leave the hair colour for at least two hours or more. The longer you keep it in, the longer the colour will last, and the brighter will be the result.
7. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Before colouring, wash your hair and avoid conditioner or any other hair care product, this will help the colour to attach stronger and blend more naturally with your hair and it will last longer.
- Wait at least 48 hours after colouring your hair to wash it. Cuticles will close and lock in the hair colour.
- Avoid sulfate shampoos and always use heat protection because semi-permanent hair colour hair is more vulnerable to heat.
- Don't wash your hair too often and try using dry shampoo.
- Always wash with lukewarm to cool water because hot water will loosen the dye’s bond.
- Use a soft towel or an old T-shirt to dry hair, hard scrubbing can fade colour and make the ends look dry.
- If you plan on spending lots of time in the sun, wear a hat to keep your hair colour from fading or lightening.
- Mix our hair colour into your conditioner for a regular touch-up, or use leftover hair colour as a conditioner while you wash your hair.
All of our hair dyes can be lightened, follow the instructions to get your dream pastel mixture.
- We recommend using our Blanc Blanche Toner with our semi-permanent hair colours.
- When you mix the toner with your colour of choice, it will dial down the colour allowing you to achieve a soft, pastel shade!'
- As you are doing a pastel hair colour, you must keep it in your hair longer, because you are lighting the pigment, after creating the pastel colour you like, apply it with gentle massaging of the hair and leave it in at least 2+ hours.
- All you need to do is choose a colour, mix the hair colour with our Blanche toner, apply it to your hair, and keep it on for at least an hour for a brighter result.
- The best part about our hair colours is that the formula is ultra-conditioning and damage-free, meaning that you are deep conditioning your hair while colouring.
- To maintain that beautiful pastel tone you have created for your hair for as long as possible, make sure you use a protective hair colour conditioner or mask.
- Our hair colours are storable, so you can literally create your shade over and over again and store it in your home and touch up it whenever you need.
- Our damage free hair dyes are formulated without bleach or chemical lighteners, so they won’t lighten your hair. As such, you’ll notice that even the darkest colours need pre-lightening, except Black dahlia.
- The best way to get your favourite dark colour is to bleach your hair up to dark blonde, level 7 (check our bleaching manual) next apply hair colour straight after to dry, unconditioned hair. In 60-90 minutes you will have intense colour that lasts 8-12 washes.
- If you wish to create a darker colour, try mixing black dahlia into your favourited colour to make it darker, bear in mind that a little goes a long way, mix colour bit by bit until you see the desired colour mix.
- Bleach hair to level 9-10 (30-40 mint)
- Brighten out yellow undertones with Veronica White or Silvia Silver (1h)
- Perfect platinum hair base ready.
- Apply your chosen grey hair colour (1h) Gilda Gray is light grey and Mathilda Gray is dark.
Before colouring with our grey hair colours, the base hair colour has to be perfect platinum blonde there can't be any yellow tones in your hair. Uneven blonde hair will be patchy with green undertones.
The easiest way to get your hair light enough is to bleach your hair first, then use our Veronica White hair colour or Sylvia Silver to convert those yellow shades into white. Repeat the steps until your hair is platinum.
- Bleach hair to level 9 (30 mint)
- Brighten with Veronica White (2+ Hours)
- Then you’ll have to treat your hair like a delicate flower, with no harsh pulling or rubbing.
The easiest way to get your hair light enough is to bleach your hair first up to levels 9-10 then use our Veronica White hair colour to turn any yellow shades into white. Repeat the steps until your hair is platinum.
Our neon hair colours are super radiant and bright, and some of them are UV reactive and will glow under the black light. For the UV effect, you'll want to use platinum hair! Almost all UV-reactive hair colours will require at least a super light blonde base to show up the best and strongly.